Friday, February 15, 2008

Sheepish

I had to work last night, Valentine's night, and when I got home, at around 10:30, D. was already in bed. So I came upstairs to say hi and tell him about my class, because, like, who cares if he's tired when I'm all hyper and need to talk to someone, right? Well, before I went upstairs I had a quick look 'round downstairs to see if there might be some lovely little Valentine's day giftie waiting for me. No dice. So when I went upstairs to talk to my adorable husband the conversation turned, in the end, to my ever-so-slight disappointment about the fact that I had not received a valentine. I thought I was being very reasonable and expressed my feeling that, seeing as I didn't get anything for Christmas either, this might be perceived as symbolic of my being taken for granted. Maybe? Just a little? Well, he was quite quiet and when I told him that I was going downstairs to drown my disappointment in cold leftover pizza, he said only this: "You don't know everything, y'know." Huh? Yeah, whatever. Good NIGHT.

Well, I guess we all know how this story ends. I went into the kitchen and found beautiful, special chocolates and a sweet, heartfelt note from my wonderful husband-who-really-doesn't-take-me-for-granted. Whoops! Guess I should have looked a little harder before I let loose my acid tongue.

I apologized. He just laughed. He knows me so well. That's why he just doesn't listen anymore.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?