Friday, February 29, 2008

Staring into the void -- er, fridge

Lately I seem to have lost all enthusiasm for cooking. It's sad.

Now, I've never been a great cook, but usually I like to try new recipes and I enjoy the process once I'm in it, even when making yet another vegetarian pasta sauce. But these days I just can't get over the **uuunnnhhh** of having to think about what to make. I even teach 2 nights a week, so I don't make supper those nights, D. does, so you'd think I'd have more enthusiasm on the nights at home when I get to cook for my family. That's how it was when I first started teaching. My nights at home meant 3- or 4-course meals -- old favourites done really well, or new things that tasted yum. And I made enough so that D. could serve leftovers on the nights when I had to be away.

Not now. I think it might be the winter blahs which, frankly, are affecting every other aspect of my life as well. But I just can't get 'round it. I look in the fridge some nights and, literally? I feel like I want to cry. Now isn't that pathetic?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?